Family caregivers merit accolades, applause, and awards. You have generous hearts and healing hands. You keep aging loved ones safe, healthy, and happy. Through your selfless efforts, you save lives. That is why November has been named National Family Caregivers Month. Home Care Assistance located in Westfield, New Jersey, wants to take the time to show appreciation for all of the hardworking family caregivers and show others how they can spread their thanks and gratitude for a family caregiver in their life.
Thanking Our Caregivers
We all know people who tirelessly, selflessly, and patiently care for elderly loved ones. Below are some suggestions for how to demonstrate your appreciation:
- Send a card. A novel way to do this is to send an e-card. Jacquie Lawson e-cards are animated to the sound of lively music, and a delightful way to say thank you. For a $12 membership fee, you can send an unlimited number of engaging e-cards over the course of 1 year. There are no advertisements associated with the service and the website is secure. For further information on Jacquie Lawson e-cards, go to jacquielawson.com.
- Send Flowers. ProFlowers is a florist service accessible on the web that delivers fresh flowers at a reasonable cost. What you see in the pictures closely resembles the arrangements delivered. Bouquets are packaged and handled with care. ProFlowers is able to process deliveries on short notice. For further information on this floral service, go to proflowers.com. Right now you can get 20% off your order by typing in “CIDER20” at checkout.
- Make a coupon book of activities you’re able to perform for the caregiver. They’ll have fun redeeming them at their leisure. For example, you can offer respite time, a home-made meal, or housekeeping help.
- Help a family caregiver during the holidays by decorating their home or addressing envelopes for holiday cards.
- Buy a movie gift card so your caregiver and a guest can steal away for a few hours of enjoyment.
- Buy a gift card for anything you think the caregiver would enjoy. Such things as restaurants, craft stores, spas, amazon.com, Home Depot, and Macy’s all make for good gifts. Gift cards are available at supermarkets and pharmacies.
There are many ways to express your love and gratitude for a family caregiver throughout the month of November. If you serve as a family caregiver and want to treat yourself to some much needed respite care, contact Home Care Assistance at 908.450.9400 to inquire about our hourly caregivers in Westfield. We are more than happy to schedule a free in-home consultation to address any concerns or questions that you may have.